Diabetes Self Management Program
Our weekly interactive group program for individuals with type 2 diabetes to provide support and education in the following topics:
- Ways to manage your diabetes symptoms (ex: hyper- and hypoglycemia or stress)
- Exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance.
- Healthy eating and safe use of Medications.
Join us for this fun virtual program from the comfort of your home! Call in via your computer or phone with the information below.
- Tuesday’s starting May 26th: 2:30 pm with Jenna and Tanya
- Thursday’s starting May 28th: 11 am with Risa and Stephanie
Contact the Registered Dietitians or other Health Center staff through the Patient Portal at HappyHealthyMe.Org
- Go to zoom.us/join
- Tuesday’s class, meeting ID: 964 7352 4637
- Thursday’s class, meeting ID: 990 1995 3230
- Password: Diabetes
Primary Care Physician
We are scheduling primary care medical appointments as telephone or on-site visits, if you have an urgent need or question, or would like to schedule a telephone visit with your provider, please call one of our Health Centers.
- Brooklyn Health Center: (718) 858-7200
- Harlem Health Center: (212) 923-2525
- Midtown Health Center: (212) 586-1550
- Queens Health Center: (718) 361-5100
Sheet Pan Chicken with Rainbow Vegetables
- 1 medium sweet potato — scrubbed and diced into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil — divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt — divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts — cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 medium breasts)
- 1 small head broccoli — cut into florets (about 2 cups florets)
- 1 red bell pepper — cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini — halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick half moons
- 1 yellow squash — halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick half moons
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. For easy cleanup, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat the foil with nonstick spray.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat and then spread into a single layer on the baking sheet. Keep the bowl handy. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are just beginning to soften on the outsides but are still too firm to eat.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl that you used previously for the sweet potatoes, place the chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the lemon zest and juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sheet pan with the sweet potatoes, using a spatula to spread everything into an fairly even layer and stirring it a bit if needed.
- Return to the sheet pan to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 additional minutes, stirring once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle and the vegetables are tender but not mushy. (They won’t be browned and caramelized but will be delicious to eat.) Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve hot.
Clarke, E. (2020, May 13). Sheet Pan Chicken with Rainbow Vegetables. Retrieved May 13, 2020, from https://www.wellplated.com/sheet-pan-chicken-rainbow-vegetables/Toggle panel: Yoast SEO